How to Enrol?
Enrolling your child at Birkdale North School is easy: simply fill out our online enrolment form to begin the process.
To finalise the enrolment, you will be asked to:
- sign your enrolment as well as declaration & privacy form
- provide your child’s proof of citizenship, residency or visa status
- provide you child’s immunisation certificate (if available).
What are the school fees?
Birkdale North is a publicly funded school, and as such, families pay a school donation each year. These are critical to the successful running of the programmes offered.
- The standard school donation (between $130 and $300 per family).
For l’Étoile du Nord, the French-English bilingual unit, there are other costs in the way of membership and donation with FRENZ School Inc (respectively $40 per family and $500 per child).
What are the lunch options?
Here at Birkdale North School we offer ezlunch, giving you a choice when providing lunch for your child:
- All menu items are tried and tested by the toughest judges of all – kids!
- Easy to order – just set up your account with your child’s name and room number, and have their meals delivered to their classroom.
- View the full menu and set up your account here or go to ezlunch.co.nz. Orders and cancellations should be completed online before 9am on the day of delivery.
If you need help, just pop in to see us or talk to ezlunch on 09-475 5287 or 0800 EZLUNCH.
Any after-school care options?
Students at Birkdale North School may attend an after-school care programme. There are two options attached to the school:
Both pick up children at the school, take them to their facility up the road, offer them afternoon tea, and keep them well entertained with games, crafts, cooking, sports, and many other activities, until as late as 6:00 pm. sKids also offers before-school care.
What is the school zone?
There is no zoning at Birkdale North School. Children from all over Auckland are welcome.
What will my child need before starting school?
Apart from getting their Stationery , a school bag and a lunch box will be very practical items for your child to have ahead of starting school.